Monday, February 25, 2008

Irish Blessings

Today, a friend of mine sent me an Irish Blessing joke that was done in the same format as the ones I already know. It didn't work for me so I made her check it out at www.snopes.com She found out it wasn't true.......so I sent her some real Irish Blessings.


May ye always have...
Walls for the wind
A roof for the rain
Tea beside the fire
Laughter to cheer ye
Those ye love near ye
And all yer heart might desire

Irish Blessing:
May ye always have work for yer hands to do
May yer pockets hold always a coin or two.
May the sun shine bright on yer windowpane.
May the rainbow be certain to follow the rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near ye.
May the road rise up to meet ye
And may God fill yer heart with gladness to cheer ye.
And my favorite of them all:

May ye rise up to Heaven before the devil knows ye've died...

If any of you Irishmen out there know others, send them on.

No comments: