Monday, February 18, 2008

Enjoying dogs

I watched the Eukanuba and the Westchester Dog shows. I loved seeing the Setters strut their stuff. They are so beautiful, I'm amazed that they don't win more often. Their coats always flow in the breezes they creating while tracking down the arena, and their big, old faces are always so sad. I feel they touch the heart of everyone--especially me.

Since I have both the Irish Wolfhound and the Scottish Deerhound in two of my historical novels, I always watch those dogs as well. The Irish Wolfhound in both of the above shows was a gorgeous tan color--so extraordinary. Those hounds just lope around as if they were small horses.

I also have an Irish Wolfhound in my new Saratoga book--which I'm having trouble with, if you read my other blog--Saratoga Winter 1865 is giving me fits. Every time I work on the historical, I get a great idea for my suspense, Vengeance Is Mine. I absolutely don't know which book I'm enjoying more.

No comments: