Friday, January 18, 2008

I'm home again

It's only taken me a year to reclaim this blog, but somehow they asked me if I wanted it back. Of course, I do.

Here I am writing another novel with Celtic characters. Saratoga Winter: 1865 is the second book in the Saratoga Series. Saratoga Summer: 1863 was the first book and it was all about Connor O'Malley, the oldest of the five O'Malley brothers. In 1863, two brothers came to America and landed in New York City two days before the Draft Riots erupted. The two of them, Connor and Egan, got into a great deal of trouble, had to go through the riotous action in the City. Connor managed to escape to Saratoga, just in time for the first legalized thoroughbred racing in that city.

The actions that take place during the riots were historically accurate, as was the beginning of the legalized racing. For some reason, there are no animal characters in the first book of the series, with the possible exception of two gray carriage horses and a bevy of thoroughbreds. Come join in all things Celtic and read the book, Saratoga Summer: 1863

No comments: